Mission and Goals
For a quarter of a century, ECTRIMS has served as Europe’s and the world’s largest professional organisation dedicated to the understanding and treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
The European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) is an independent representative European-wide organisation devoted to multiple sclerosis (MS).
To facilitate communication, create synergies, and promote and enhance research and learning among professionals for the ultimate benefit of people affected by MS.
ECTRIMS works with researchers and clinicians of its member countries and with other organisations that share similar missions and objectives on a worldwide scale, creating networking and collaboration opportunities. The ultimate goal of ECTRIMS is to improve basic and clinical research and clinical outcomes in MS.
- To support and promote basic and clinical research in MS in Europe and liaise with other related organisations on a worldwide scale;
- To support education and teaching opportunities for professionals that enhance their ability to deliver quality clinical care;
- To act as representative of the MS research community in its member countries;
- To be actively involved in coordinating initiatives in research and clinical care both in Europe and worldwide;
- To organise annual congresses;
- To organise workshops and related teaching activities in the field of MS;
- To initiate, support or endorse European activities of outstanding relevance to MS;
- To encourage young researchers in the field of MS by promoting learning, training and exchange programs.